Welcome!!

Welcome to my blog, I have chosen to blog my journey of WLS in hopes of helping others, going or hoping to go through this journey. My journey started in 2007 when I finally made the decision to call Dr. Forgione's office for the information packet. I then scheduled myself for the informational meeting in Aug. 2007 and then began a long 6 month journey of weightloss. Only to find out my husbands insurance company did not approve the surgery in May 2008. I got my own insurance through a job in Aug. 2009 and restarted the process and was approved for surgery in Oct.2009 and had surgery on Nov 25, 2009. I chose the Realize Band, for the main reason the port is low profile and larger, compared to the LapBand system. But its a choice that is individual and I recommend you do your research.

Before Surgery

Before Surgery
11/24/2009

Sunday, October 14, 2012

New Life Again!!!!

So my lapband slipped and failed, I had to have it removed on 4/2012.  And decided after gaining 30 pnds that I did not want to continue gaining so I had the VSG surgery which they did 6/2012, they cut 90% of my stomache out and I am now 5 months out and doing great!! I can eat whatever food I want without it getting stuck. I am currently 2 pnds from my goal of 155.

No comments:

Post a Comment